Wednesday 30 January 2013

Recipe 20:Raisin Scones

Ever since my new oven came in,I have 1001 recipes in my mind to try out :P
I am still not good at baking,but I will ensure to always improvise my skill from time to time.
Tonight,I tried out baking scones.Scones are my favourite pastries because I simply love the taste of butter in them.

Here's the recipe for you guys.

Ingredients

250 g flour
3 tbs of baking powder
25 g sugar(I blended castor sugar)
55 g butter(soften first outside of the fridge)
100 g raisins
One egg
100ml fresh milk

Methods
1.Sift the flour,baking powder,and sugar in a bowl
2.In another bowl,whisk egg and milk together
2.Add in softened butter in the flour mixture and mix all ingredients using your hand until the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
3.Add raisin inside
4.Add fresh milk in step no 2 little by little and keep mixing using hand until the batter doesn't stick on your palm.
5.Knead the dough on a plastic wrapping with 2 cm thickness like in the picture below
6.Using a round-shaped cutter,press on the dough to make round-shaped scones or any shapes you'd prefer.
7.Grease on top of the scones with egg
7.Before baking,preheat the oven at 200 degrees celsius and later bake the scones for 12-15 minutes or until the top of the scones turn brownish.

Serve with jam and cream!!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by !